Randy tagged me with this meme so here goes…
What I was doing ten years ago
I had always believed that I was supposed to become a doctor; an orthopedic surgeon, specifically. But in 1998, I realized that it was not what was in my heart and I had to go a different direction. Unfortunately, at that time, the direction didn’t much matter to me so long as it was away from medical school. I was working at a buddy’s ISP (Internet Service Provider) and slinging drinks at a local bar. It was fun for a time and I am where I am today because of my experiences but I can’t say that I always made the best decisions. I’m just thankful that I had my family and friends around for support and that they were there when I was ready to move my life in a more positive direction.
Five snacks I enjoy
- Starburst jelly beans
- Mixed nuts (but not the cheap crap with all those peanuts)
- Salt & Vinegar Kettle Chips
- Whatever is closest to my keyboard
Five things on my to-do list today
(This one is a really hard one for me since I have my to-do list split into contexts – I’m a GTD guy, what can I say)
- Call Lewisville Shoe Repair re: boot resole
- Call Adam Keys re: lunch next week
- Hang up all tools over workbench
- Upload starting codebase to Google Code for presentation
- Locate host service for CodeRush screencasts
Five favorite recipes
- Italian Egg Scramble
- Sausage & Peppers
- Genius – 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration
- Thermite – sorry, not handing this one out
Five jobs I have had
- Bag boy at country club
- Graphic artist and typesetter at college newspaper
- Veterinary technician
- Grocery clerk
Five bad habits
- Talking to myself a little too loud
- Snore (like it’s my job)
- Monitor touching when explaining/reading code
- Knowing I’m right
- Reminding people around me of #4
All the places I’ve lived
- Chicago, IL
- Louisville, KY
- San Antonio, TX
- Medina, OH
- Hillsborough, NJ
- Oxford, OH
- Denton, TX
- Flower Mound, TX
Five Random Things
- I sweat like a person twice my weight.
- I placed at state in 8th grade Science Olympiad.
- I went by the name “Michael” for a while.
- I collect antique fountain pens.
- Nutmeg is toxic if injected intravenously.